Civic Series is made possible by volunteers who are passionate about our mission.
Social Media Manager – Civic Series, a 501c3 issue literacy organization, is looking for a creative volunteer to help bolster our Social Media presence. This role will oversee our social media profiles in coordination with our passionate city leaders in Boston, Toronto, Philly, Austin and Chicago. Each city has events between once a quarter to once a month, and we are eager to work with someone who can connect creatively with each city host to boost our social media presence.
This self-directed position is perfect for a social media professional looking to expand their volunteer engagement, or emerging professionals looking to build experience and grow their resume.
- Coordinate with city hosts to promote events regularly via our main channels:
- City calendars
- Grow our followers through creative engagement strategies
Why join us:
- Be a part of a network of passionate leaders in five cities in the U.S. and Canada
- Help grow an exciting, mission-led non-profit organization
- Give yourself an excuse to stay up-to-date with current events and content
- Engage your creativity and ideas for community growth
- Build your resume
Time Commitment: Flexible; up to 2 hours a week; 6 month commitment (minimum)
- Proficient in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and Hootsuite
- Experience working remotely
- Basic graphic design knowledge to help create graphics for social media posts
- Proficient in Google Drive, Slack, Zoom
- Experience with WordPress (nice to have)
About Civic Series:
Civic Series — a 501c3 nonprofit organization — has a mission to help people be part of the local, national and global conversation about the most critical issues of our time. We run free, non-partisan events where attendees can ask questions of experts and discuss the most important issues of the day. Civic Series is a U.S. non-profit organization run by dedicated volunteers in the United States and Canada. To learn more about Civic Series, please go to www.civicseries.org
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume as well as a short blurb about yourself and why you would like the Social Media Manager role. Please put in your subject line – “Social Media Manager – First Name, Last Name.” Please also answer the following questions:
- What excites you about the Civic Series mission?
- What are your ideas to grow Civic Series’s social media presence?
- What are your current social media accounts?