In the spirit of a call from Ethan Zuckerman, the director of the MIT Center for Civic Media, for more “wide news” — news that reflects society’s diversity of opinions — we’ve been sending out some recommended readings for each of our events that cut across the spectrum. This month, our topic is “Tax Reform: What Do I Need to Know?” We have a few suggested starting points, meant to display a variety of angles on this month’s topic.
Please note that these are by no means meant to be thorough, but rather the readings are merely meant as a place to begin our conversation, as well as a way of showcasing some of the conversations already happening.
-Articles with an * indicate the most essential pieces for this month. “Bias” ratings in parentheses are taken via AllSides Bias Rating™ when available:
- * CHART: How the Final Version of the Republican Tax Bill Would Affect You, NPR (Centrist)
- * Congress Approves Final Tax Reform Bill, Handing Trump Year-End Victory, Fox News (Leans right)
- * The GOP Plan is the Biggest Tax Increase in American History, By Far, The Intercept (Leans left)
- Here’s How Your Tax Bracket Will Change in 2018, Business Insider (Centrist)
- The New US Tax Law, Explained with Cereal, Vox (Leans left)
- 10 Tax Changes You Need to Know for 2018, CNBC (Centrist)
- Tax Reform “Phase 2” Rollout Could Come as Early as April 15, Conservative GOP Rep. Meadows Says, CNBC (Centrist)